Male pattern baldness is common in older males, but you might be among the many in Singapore who are experiencing baldness at a much earlier age. In recent years, baldness increasingly has become a problem for younger males in their 20s and 30s, and much of that is due to lifestyle choices.
If you are dealing with hair fall problems in Singapore, here are five of the most common ways you might be causing it yourself, and what you can do to stop it.
- High Stress Levels – Everyone deals with stress due to career, family and financial matters, among others. When you are male and are experiencing a high degree of stress due to what’s happening in your life, your hair typically will fall out at greater rates and cause premature baldness. Taking the time to reduce or eliminate excessive stress through exercise, taking care of personal issues, or seeing a doctor can help.
- Bad Diet Decisions – Your hair requires nutrients to remain full and healthy. Yet when you have a poor diet, you deprive your hair of critical vitamins and nutrients. A diet that provides little or no iron or protein will have negative effects on your hair. The best solution is to eat a diet that provides sufficient protein and iron to promote a head full of healthy hair.
- Hair Treatments – Men and women alike make changes to their hair. If you are among those who do so often and with aggressive treatments to your hair, you can cause excessive hair loss and premature balding. Extreme heat and chemicals used in hair treatments often damage hair follicles and so does using a blow dryer and hot hair iron. Limiting your use of them will help to restore your hair follicles and prevent your hair from falling out.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Premature balding and excessive hair loss also occur during hormonal imbalances in your body. Hormones control hair growth, and when your hormones are out of balance, possibly due to an overactive thyroid gland, hair follicles die and cause hair loss. Your doctor often can prescribe medicine to restore your hormonal balance.
- Medicine – If you have acne, arthritis or other problems that require medicine, you might cause your hair to fall out faster. Many medicines cause accelerated hair loss, but many doctors neglect to tell their patients. Asking about such side effects can help you to avoid them by changing your medicine.
While there are many common causes of hair loss and premature balding, you do not have to resign yourself to a life with less hair. Often times, some simple adjustments can get rid of the causes of premature baldness and excessive hair loss.