The number of people getting permanent hair removal in Singapore has grown during the last several years. This is mostly because of the availability of clinics in the city that offer the service. And of course, there’s the fact that the procedure is backed by rigorous scientific research. Before you decide to go through the procedure, you should learn more about it to determine if it’s the right option for you. There are certain things about the treatment that you need to be aware of. These include the following:
- The effects of laser hair removal last much longer compared to other alternatives. The main reason why the procedure is very effective is that it destroys hair follicles. When these follicles are incapacitated, there’s very little chance that the hair will ever grow back up.
- It’s not painful nor invasive. When you go through the treatment, you will feel nothing other than a little bit of itching and irritation. Since the procedure makes use of laser light, your skin doesn’t have to be cut or scraped.
- It doesn’t damage the skin nor leave serious side effects. Laser hair removal is very precise because the light is focused only on the roots of hair follicles. The skin around the follicles will remain unscathed, even though you will feel a bit of heat there during treatment.
- You have to go through several laser sessions for the procedure to generate maximum results. Generally speaking, a single session won’t be enough to destroy a hair follicle. Some doctors recommend that you go through 5 to 7 treatments to ensure that the follicles are completely destroyed.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for the treatment. This is why it’s very important that you consult with a physician to ensure that you are physically fit for the process. This is especially true if you are suffering from other skin conditions or if you are taking medication that might be affected by the treatment.
- It may take months before you get to see prominent results. When laser light destroys the hair follicles, it takes time for the skin around the follicles to completely heal.
In conclusion, choosing permanent laser hair removal over other procedures is a good idea if you want long-term results. As shown by the things discussed above, the treatment offers a lot of features that will benefit you for years to come. And as mentioned earlier, Singapore is home to several cosmetics clinics that provide the service. You don’t have to go far to find a doctor who will treat you and eliminate your unwanted body hair for good.