Thinking of getting a beauty treatment at an aesthetic clinic? No matter what kind of treatment you’re seeking for your beauty issues, you need to do some research and consult with an aesthetician or a doctor prior to getting a treatment. To help you, here are the top 7 things you should ask before a treatment:
- Does the treatment suit me? Depending on your health/skin conditions and needs, some beauty treatments may not be suitable for you, especially if you’re pregnant or have any other health/skin issues. Find out if the procedure is safe for your body or skin type as well as your health.
- How does the treatment work? To avoid the unnecessary, you can’t undergo a treatment without having any idea how the procedure is going to be like. Is the treatment invasive? Or is it non-surgical? Would you be ok with injections and going under the knife? Or would you rather stick to painless procedures?
- How many sessions are needed? Depending on your health, body, or skin condition, you may need more or fewer sessions to treat your beauty concerns. For optimum results, the rule of thumb is to get three to five treatments.
- How long will the treatments last? Most non-invasive beauty treatments often last between 10-30 minutes, while the more invasive ones could last between an hour or two, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Will there be side effects? Even if you opt for a non-invasive treatment, there might still be a minor side effect. Ask for any potential side effects like redness, swelling or irritation.
- How long will it take to recover? Whether you opt for a non-invasive treatment or not, some treatments may require more downtime than usual. However, non-invasive treatments usually require little to no recovery time. It’s always best to ask.
- How much is the cost? Always consider the cost of the treatment, whether it’s the cost of body contouring treatments or skin lightening procedures. Is there any extra charge? Will there be additional beauty supplements to buy to maintain the treatment’s results? See whether you can get a package treatment for better deals.
If you have any other concern regarding the treatment, don’t hesitate to bring it up and discuss it with your consultant, in addition to the top 7 things mentioned. Try to get as much info during the consultation as you can, and weigh the pros and cons as well as the risk factors.